Milwaukee Residential House Locksmith Near You
Being locked out of your house is one of the most frustrating situations that you will ever have to deal with. Perhaps you ran out to pick up the mail and left your stove on. Or, perhaps you came home from work and have your beloved dog or cat waiting for you inside. Regardless of what your case may be, it is important to regain access to your home as soon as possible.
When you are locked out of your house and seek a professional house locksmith in Milwaukee, WI or surrounding areas, Milwaukee Lockstar is here for you!
Our Milwaukee Home Locksmith Services
We understand that time is of the essence when it comes to residential lockouts. You just want back into your house. And a non-emergency can easily become a highly urgent matter when you must spend hours waiting for the average locksmith to arrive at your location. Even when a friend or family member has a spare key, they may not always be available to bring it to you at a moment’s notice. This is where our Milwaukee house locksmiths near you come in handy.
We are proud to offer a complete selection of residential locksmith services in your area for any and all of your emergency and non-emergency situations.
Our home locksmith services in Milwaukee include:
- Locked Out of House Unlocking
- Lock Installation
- Deadbolt Installation
- Key Duplication
- Broken and Damaged Keys
- And much more!
What to Do When You’re Locked Out of the House
It can be very frustrating to realize that you’ve locked yourself out of your house. Whether you’ve left your keys inside, forgotten your house keys at work or school, or simply lost your keys, it’s one headache that can be particularly aggravating. An experienced locksmith near you can quickly get you back into your home but there are also some other ways that you can deal with the situation. If you are looking for locked out of your house locksmith services in Milwaukee, WI don’t hesitate to contact Milwaukee Lockstar. Our team of qualified locksmith technicians offers top-rated locksmith services and can help you get back into your house in no time. 414-939-8811
What to Do When You Are Locked Out of The House?
Besides calling a nearby locksmith there are some other options you can try while you wait for them to arrive. We have compiled a wide range of simple yet reliable options for you, if you are Locked out of the house:
- Call for help – It is always helpful to give a spare key to a trusted person in your life for these types of situations. If you live with family or roommates that usually means that there is someone available to let you in, even if you are coming home in the middle of the night. If you live on your own perhaps a trusted next-door neighbor or close friend who lives nearby might be the right person for spare key duty. And if you are a renter you should have the additional option of calling their building manager to let you into your unit. If your landlord does not know you personally, remember to show them your identification.
- Use an unlocked window – Although you should never leave your windows unlocked when leaving the house, a window is often a great alternative for a door. It is best if you are going to try to use a window that it is one which does not have visibility to the public so that people passing won’t see you trying to gain access through it. It is typically not difficult to remove the screen and open the window from the outside in order to climb through, although you should remember the furnishings or other items that could be below the window.
- Remove the doorknob – If the deadbolt is not in use, removing the doorknob can be a simple way to regain entry to your home. Insert a straightened paperclip or bobby pin into the small hole below or to the side of the doorknob, and push on it while twisting the doorknob. Once done, you can remove the locking mechanism in the same manner.
- Use a credit card – If your doorknob operates with a spring bolt, a credit card may be able to unlock it. Insert the card between the door and its frame where the latch is situated, and try to slide it beneath the latch. Because the card may become damaged, choose an expired gift card or another non-valuable option.
- Upgrade to a keyless entry system – Although this option won’t help you in the interim if you find yourself locked out of your home a lot this could be a great solution. With this option, you have the security and peace of mind of unlocking your door with a keypad or a smartphone app.
Unfortunately, even the above precautions are not always foolproof, whether you are in a rush, in the midst of an emergency or are simply forgetful. In such cases, you also have the option of calling a locksmith. Keep in mind, however, that some unprofessional locksmiths prey on customers just like you, hoping to turn your woes into a money-making opportunity.
Why Choose Us As Your Trusted Milwaukee Locksmith?
With numerous years in the locksmith industry, Milwaukee Lockstar is operated by knowledgeable and experienced technicians fully equipped with advanced training, top quality locks and sophisticated tools for superior service every time. We can even help you with opening a safe. Being a small and locally owned company enables us to provide the personalized service that every homeowner deserves, and we are dedicated to keeping your home and family safe at all times.
Why worry about being locked out of your house when a full-service locksmith is only one call away? As the leading home locksmith in Milwaukee, we are available by phone at 414-939-8811 as well as by email for detailed consultations and quick service responses – day or night with our mobile locksmithing service!
What To Expect When You Call A Locksmith Because You’re Locked Out of Your House
When you’ve tried all the other ways to get back into your home after you’ve locked yourself out and you need the services of an experienced locksmith in your area know what to expect. A legitimate locksmith service will ask you about what sort of locking system you use and whether you only need back into your house or whether you are going to need lock replacement services. Then they will set up a time to come to your home, many try to offer emergency services so that they can get there quickly. And they will expect to see proper identification to prove that you are the owner of the house before they will unlock the door for you so having that ready for when they arrive can make the task go that much faster.
Your home is your castle. It is a place where you can go to escape the stress of the outside world. It is a place where your family can come together and enjoy talking about the events of the day or sit down to watch your favorite movie together. As such, you want to make sure your home is as safe and secure as it can be at all times. The last thing you want is an intruder trying to break into your home while you are away, let alone while you are trying to sleep at night. Thankfully, there are a few things that you can do to keep burglars at bay and prevent them from making their way into your home.
1. Secure Your Window Air Conditioner
Oftentimes, people never think about how easy it is to get past a window air conditioner. They figure there is no reason why a burglar is going to mess with that window. After all, that means they would have to try and juggle the air conditioner before they can get into the home. However, that is the farthest thing from the truth. Burglars are looking for an easy way in, and leaving your air conditioner window unsecure is just what they need to gain entrance to your home. Securing the window doesn’t have to be complicated. They make locks that you can put in your window tracks that prevent the burglar from being able to slide the window up, thus keeping your home safe.
2. Don’t Buy Boors With Glass Close to the Knob
While a glass door might look beautiful on the outside, it is an open invitation to a would-be thief. All they have to do is come in and smash the door to gain entrance to your home in a matter of seconds. Choose a solid door to prevent making the job easier on a burglar.
3. Secure Dog and Cat Doors
If you are leaving home or going to bed, you need to make sure all dog and cat doors are secure. You don’t want a thief being able to come through one of those doors or using them to their advantage to gain entrance to your home. Install a one-way door if possible.
4. Remove Shrubbery From Around the Home
You don’t want to give a burglar a place to hide. You want to make it as difficult as possible for them. This is why you need to remove all of the shrubbery and large trees from close to your home. This will make them stand out and deter them from messing with your property.
Think twice about how secure your window and door locks are. You might want to have deadbolts installed on all your doors and change out the main locks themselves as an added measure of security. A professional locksmith can help you figure out which locks are going to be the safest for your home and minimize the threat of someone breaking in.
By going through the tips above, you can minimize your chances of being the next victim of a break-in. You don’t have to live in fear when there are things you can do that will make you safe and sound in your own home.
Contact Milwaukee Lockstar For All Your Residential Locksmith Needs
Whether you are looking to upgrade your locks, change to a keyless entry system, or fix a broken lock our team of nearby locksmiths can help. If you have locked yourself out of your house and need back in, we can help with that too. Contact our qualified team of locksmith technicians to set up an appointment for our professional locksmith services. Call (414) 939-8811 now!
Things To Watch For When You Call A Local Locksmith
If you are looking to hire a locksmith to unlock your front door because you have been locked out, consider the following tips to make sure you hire the right person for the job.
- Before you find yourself locked out of the house, obtain quotes from at least 3 reliable locksmiths in your area to select the best one for you.
- Beware of companies that answer the phone with any phrase that does not state their legal business name. If a business that appears legitimate refers to itself as “locksmith service,” ask for their name and address for verification purposes.
- Always confirm the rate advertised on the website. Some companies charge a separate visit fee or after-hours fee in addition to the unlocking service.
- Once the locksmith arrives at your home, request to see their identification and license. Also, note that a legitimate locksmith is required to ask for your own identification to confirm that you live at the given address.
- Beware of a locksmith who arrives in an unmarked vehicle. Legitimate locksmiths will typically arrive in a service truck with their logo printed on it.
- Beware of a locksmith who arrives with a drill in hand. A qualified expert strives to minimize damage to the lock, hence attempting to pick the lock first.
Testimonial About Our Milwaukee Residential Locksmiths Near You
“We had just moved into our new home and amidst all the chaos found ourselves locked out. Despite it being 7:30 pm Ryan was able to not only drive out as quick as he could, but unlocked the door in a timely fashion and provided great customer service. I hope this never happens again, but if it does I know who I’m calling!”
Rating 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Check out our 4.8 rating and read more of our 282+ Google reviews.